Salmon and avocado – here is a perfect combination of “good” fats with an important role in maintaining a healthy heart and keep your cholesterol at optimum levels.
Although salmon and avocados are the main ingredients of the salad, corn and other seasonal vegetables can be added to create a light, uncomplicated and nutritious dish.
The following recipe is intended for 4 servings and can be obtained easily in just 20 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (preferably extra virgin);
- 1 piece of salmon filet (without skin);
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper;
- salt and regular black pepper;
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice;
- 2 tablespoons of corn grains;
- about 200 grams of green beans (boiled);
- half of a medium red onion;
- 2 red and riped tomatoes;
- 1 avocado;
- green basil leaves (optional).
Method of preparation:
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Season the piece of salmon with red pepper and half a teaspoon of salt. Then add the piece of salmon in the pan and fry it to medium heat, about 3-4 minutes on each side. (Until it gets a yellow-brown color).
- Meanwhile, add lime juice in a bowl, a tablespoon of olive oil, half a teaspoon of pepper and salt and mix thoroughly. Then add the corn beans, green beans, diced tomatoes, and red onions (cut julien or cubes – as desired). Add avocado (cut in advance) and fresh basil leaves.
After the piece of salmon has been fried and looks great, you can prepare plates and tableware to serve this easy and tasty at lunch or dinner.
Salmon and avocado salad can be prepared even on the most tiring days, and you will be rewarded with beneficial nutrients for mind and body.